More than an online tutoring service
Whether a young person is failing to access their own school or waiting for a placement at a different school or college, TCES can step in to offer immediate support for academic and personal development. Home Learning offers online education and therapeutic support to those who are currently not attending school due to their SEN or SEMH and anxiety needs. TCES’s success lies in that we offer more than online lessons; personalised, targeted online programmes grounded in the evidence-based principles of therapeutic education to rebuild the relationship between students, schools, parents/carers and local authorities.
- Personalised learning through real time online teaching
- 1:1 support, leading to class-based learning
- Therapeutic support delivered through timetabled activities
- Full curriculum including our award-winning LIFE programme
- Experienced tutors and therapists skilled in ASC, SEMH and anxiety
- Support to prepare for, sit and retake exams – GCSEs, A Levels
- Interim or longer-term programmes to meet individual needs
- Reintegration to appropriate education settings.
A full Curriculum
TCES provides a personalised curriculum adapted to meet the needs and abilities of each student. In addition to core subjects in Maths, English and Science we teach PSHE, RSE and our LIFE programme (Leadership Skills, Independence Skills, Future Options and Empowerment). There are opportunities to develop relationships with peers through class-based learning, assemblies and informal extracurricular activities.
Our therapy team will be involved in early assessment, enabling the team to identify and begin to heal the barriers that have caused disengagement from education. These may be academic, neurodevelopmental or from an underlying trauma or breakdown of trust. They will continue to have clinical oversight and support the teaching team to help learners get the most from their programme and prepare for the next steps when they are ready to rejoin a school or college.
- Outcomes focused programmes; reintegration to school, exam success, transition to college
- A broad and adapted curriculum to meet individual needs
- A Level and GCSE programmes including retaking exams
- Therapeutic education and therapy support
- Support for families
- Collaboration with school, parents/carers, student and Local Authority
- Support for those with or without an EHCP
- Funded by Local Authorities and personal budgets
- Shared expertise from TCES ‘Good’ Ofsted schools.
TCES Group runs schools and services for neurodiverse pupils and does not exclude.