Students attending TCES National Online School typically are not currently attending school.
Referrals usually come from Special Educational Needs (SEND) and Education, Health and Care (EHC) teams in a child’s Local Authority and schools.
We are also happy to receive parent/carer requests for information.
Who we support:
There are many reasons why students are funded by Local Authorities, Schools and or other funding streams (for example personal or private budget), from across England would want a full-time placement at TCES National Online School, and these include, but not limited to;
- Children or young people, who are waiting for a school or college placement
- Children, young people and young adults, who are unable to access a local school, due to significant anxiety or school/college phobias (often called Emotionally Based School Avoidance (EBSA)
- Children, young people and young adults, who are unable to access a local school/college, due to natural anxiety, exacerbated by the Pandemic
- Exceptional neurodiverse students, who are not receiving adequate support from schools/colleges due to diagnosed or undiagnosed autistic spectrum condition (ASC), often co-occurring with Social Emotional Mental Health needs or other associated conditions
- Children or young people, who have been excluded from or moved out of their school
- Children who have self-excluded themselves from school due to their needs not being understood or met
- Children who cannot attend local schools due to gang affiliation, county lines or criminal or sexual exploitation
The referral process
The referral process follows a number of stages after initial review of paperwork, which includes, if in place, the child's Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Where we can meet needs we will issue a conditional offer to the local authority and upon acceptance will liaise with parents and carers to assess and plan an induction.
Our aim is to thoroughly assess the needs of every child referred to us so that we can offer the best education solution to meet their needs.
Make a referral
If you would like to discuss the needs of a particular child, are looking for more information about our National Online School or have any questions about the referrals process, please contact us and we will be in touch.